Welcome to another edition of Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a progressive dinner party where each course is held at a different home. This month’s theme is New Year's Eve Extravaganza hosted by Jane of The Heritage Cook. Thanks for stopping by and joining the party! Now pour yourself a drink, I suggest the one below, and enjoy all of the delicious recipes we've compiled for you.
The Fancy Free cocktail, inspired by the Manhattan, can easily be scaled up. So this New Year's Eve, instead of playing bartender, plan ahead and make a big batch in advance.
The Fancy Free Cocktail
2 oz. bourbon
½ oz. maraschino liqueur
1 dash orange bitters
1 dash angostura bitters
Combine all ingredients and stir gently until well mixed. Pour into a cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
New Year's Eve Extravaganza!
- Baked Brie with Cabernet Cranberry Cherry Sauce from The Redhead Baker
- Champagne Yeast Brioche from Pastry Chef Online
- Lobster and Crab Chowder from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Beef Filet Steaks with Homemade Bearnaise Sauce from The Heritage Cook
- Puff Pastry Potato Roses from Mother Would Know
- Yuzu Cheesecake from Spice Roots
- Chocolate Orange Stout Cake with Orange Frosting from Creative Culinary
We have a core group of 12 bloggers, but we are always looking for substitutes. To see our upcoming themes and how you can participate, please check out the schedule at Creative Culinary (LINK: http://www.creative-culinary.com/progressive-eats/ ) or contact Barb directly for more information. (LINK: http://www.creative-culinary.com/contact-us/ )