Penne with Tomato Vodka Cream Sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 (28oz.) whole peeled plum tomatoes, crush by hand or with food processor
3/4 tsp. salt
1 lb. penne pasta
2 Tbsp. vodka
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup basil, fresh/chopped
4 Italian Sausages
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat.
2. Remove casing from sausage and add to skillet; Cook, breaking up the meat until brown.
3. Add garlic and red pepper; cook until golden brown.
4. Add tomatoes and salt; bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or longer.
6. Meanwhile, in large pot, cook penne as directed; Drain and return to pot.
7. Add vodka and heavy cream to sauce and bring to boil.
8. Stir sauce into cooked pasta and cook over low heat for 1 minute.
9. Stir in fresh basil and serve.