It's time for another CSNstores product review. If you don't already know CSN is an online retailer with over 200 sites selling everything from kitchen bar stools to cookware products. With all of these options availabe what will I be reviewing...well you'll have to check back in a few weeks to find out.
Penne with Tomato Vodka Cream Sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 (28oz.) whole peeled plum tomatoes, crush by hand or with food processor
3/4 tsp. salt
1 lb. penne pasta
2 Tbsp. vodka
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup basil, fresh/chopped
4 Italian Sausages
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat.
2. Remove casing from sausage and add to skillet; Cook, breaking up the meat until brown.
3. Add garlic and red pepper; cook until golden brown.
4. Add tomatoes and salt; bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or longer.
6. Meanwhile, in large pot, cook penne as directed; Drain and return to pot.
7. Add vodka and heavy cream to sauce and bring to boil.
8. Stir sauce into cooked pasta and cook over low heat for 1 minute.
9. Stir in fresh basil and serve.